Amazon has planned to biggest layoff 10,000 people in the coming days. After Twitter and Meta Facebook, in the world of tech companies, people’s jobs are facing a lot of trouble. The New York Times reported in a report on Monday that Amazon’s plan to lay off about 10,000 employees.
Amazon Biggest Layoff Planning
According to a report in The New York Times, Amazon first stopped hiring in several small teams in September. After this, in October, he stopped recruiting for more than 10,000 posts in his retail business. Two weeks ago it suspended corporate hiring across the company, including its cloud computing division, for the next few months.
According to the New York Times report, this number is about three percent of Amazon’s corporate employees and less than one percent of the total 1.5 million employees working in the company. Will be in the organization. This includes voice-assistant Alexa, retail division and human resources.
Amazon Layoff Announcement
The news of the layoffs at Amazon comes just weeks after Twitter’s new owner, billionaire Elon Musk, cut social media staff in half. At the same time, Meta Facebook also announced that it will lay off 13 percent of its workforce or 11,000 employees.
Jeff Bezos Net Worth
- Jeff Bezos founded e-commerce giant Amazon in 1994 out of his garage in Seattle. He stepped down as CEO to become executive chairman in July 2021.
- He now owns a bit less than 10% of the company.
- He and his wife MacKenzie divorced in 2019 after 25 years of marriage and he transferred a quarter of his then-16% Amazon stake to her.
- Bezos has donated more than $400 million worth of stock to nonprofits in 2022, though it’s unclear which organizations received those shares.
- Bezos owns The Washington Post and Blue Origin, an aerospace company developing rockets; he briefly flew to space in one in July 2021.
- Bezos said in a November 2022 interview with CNN that he plans to give away the majority of his wealth in his lifetime, without disclosing specific details.
Jeff Bezos Planning to Donate
The Amazon layoff report comes on a day the company’s founder Jeff Bezos told CNN he plans to donate the $124 billion he has earned in his lifetime to charity.
New York Times reported that Amazon is going through difficult times as the company has removed about 80,000 people from April to September. Most of these people were involved, used to work on contract.
After experiencing its most profitable time on record during the years of the COVID-19 pandemic, the New York Times report said; Amazon’s growth rate has now slowed to its lowest in two decades. Online shopping by consumers during the pandemic acceleration was observed.
Festival Time Painful Layoff
November and December month in USA and Europe is that period of the year when people enjoy shopping and holidays with lots of noise for Christmas and New Year, at this time their job loss will be really painful.
Why is such a big step of Amazon right at this time because at this time it is the peak time of Amazon shopping.
By removing 10000 employees, there should not be any drop in the performance of the company.
Jeff Bezos told cnn about this in an interview that this step has been taken in view of the degrowth in sales and the coming economic recession in the future.
In the last one month, tech companies laid off a lot of employees, in which elon musk first took action immediately after buying the company from twitter to the employees.
After that Mark Zuckerberg fired 11000 employees from meta facebook.
As per the source information, Walt Disney may also lay off some employees in order to reduce their expenses.
It is really a very tough time for all the people due to economic recession.